HULSEY, HARWOOD & SHERIDAN, LLC
Ben Hulsey, CPA, CVA
Phone: 318.325.6500 ext. 201
Email Loading Email...
- High School, Class of 1964
- BS in Accounting from Northeast Louisiana University, 1969
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 1974
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS), 1990
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), 1996
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants (LCPA)
- AutoCPA Group – a nationwide association of CPA firms specializing in serving automobile dealerships, 1990 – 2000
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analyst
- Member of Private Companies Practice Section, SEC Section 1995 – present
- Construction Industry CPA Consultants Association (CICPAC) 1997 – 1999
- National CPA Health Care Advisors Association, 2000 – 2002
- LINC Society of Personal Financial Planners, 1990 – 1998
- NLU Foundation
- Served on the Personal Financial Planning Committee for the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants (LCPA)
- AutoCPA Group: Executive Committee 1990 – 2000
- Formerly served as Board of Director for Hibernia Bank City Board for Monroe
- Treasurer of Pine Hills Gun Club
- Formerly served on Standards Evaluators Committee for United Way
Contributions to Professional Publications:
- Author of numerous articles for Headlights, newsletter of the Auto CPA Group
- Author of Dealer Alert and Advisor, newsletters published by Hulsey, Harwood & Co., CPAs
- Guest contributor to News Star-World financial section
Ben worked in private accounting for five years and for a local public accounting firm from June 1975 to December 1976. He founded Hulsey, Harwood & Co. (A Professional Accounting Corporation in 1977 and Planning For Wealth, LLC (founded as HH Wealth Management, LLC) in 1999.
Since that time, he has served clients in a variety of industries. His experience includes all phases of accounting, auditing, tax, and management advisory services. He frequently consults on business matters with closely-held businesses and their owners, assisting with tax planning, estate planning, and other management issues.
Ben is an Eagle Scout, holder of God and Country and was selected as a member of the Order of the Arrow.
Ben and his wife Sally have one daughter, Sarah Katherine, a graduate of SMU and a law school graduate of American University in Washington, D.C.
Ben enjoys skeet shooting and participates in the National Skeet Shooting Association (NSSA) World Skeet Championships every year.
He also enjoys flying and holds a private license with an instrument rating.